TURN UP THE HEAT AND CUT DOWN COSTS: HOW SWITCHING HEATING OIL COULD HELP SAVE YOUR FARM MONEY05 January 2018
Heating livestock sheds and powering grain dryers are energy intensive processes and as energy prices continue to rise, many farms have seen the costs associated with keeping their farm buildings warm go through the roof. As weather conditions continue to get wetter, farmers need to carefully manage grain drying costs to avoid them spiralling out of control.
Heating oil is widely used to heat homes and businesses across the UK and the good news is that if you use gas oil for your commercial heating, switching to Ultra35 could save you money. Suitable for use in commercial boilers, dryers and heaters, Ultra35 is a cheaper alternative to conventional gas oil.
Here are our top 5 facts about Ultra35 to explain how you could benefit from switching your heating oil this winter:
1. Costs of heating oil are rising but Ultra35 is a cheaper alternative to conventional gas oil for heat generation.
2. Because Ultra35 is 100% compatible with gas oil, it can be added to an existing tank without having to drain it beforehand or make any modifications.
3. Ultra35 helps increase boiler life and reduce maintenance by acting as a lubricant for valves and pumps. It also reduces the risk of clogged filters.
4. Blended in the UK from high quality virgin grade fuels, Ultra35 is BS2869 accredited and meets Class D gas oil accreditation.
5. With zero bio content, Ultra35 has a long-term storage life as it doesn’t attract microbial growth or water. With winter grade fuel specification, it can be purchased in bulk and stored all year round, meaning you can be confident that you have enough oil to keep your heating applications running.
Ultra35 is Certas Energy’s own brand of heating oil and the team will be at LAMMA 2018 on Stand B69 to talk to visitors about how its range of fuel, lubricants, heating oil and storage tanks help keep farms moving all year round.